Monday

To Our Retired Military Guests

Just a short note of interest I picked up from our guests, Barry & Joyce: If you are military or retired military and have a military ID, the local MWR, 'tickets and tours' at Lackland AFB (only minutes from Hidden Valley) has discounted tickets for all sorts of activities in San Antonio. A few of the military discounts that Joyce mentioned included:


*Imax theater (features the docu-drama, The Alamo-The Price of Freedom)

*The Buckhorn Saloon and Hall of Horns

*The Rio San Antonio River Boat Tour







Everybody enjoys saving a few bucks, right?
Thanks for the 'heads up' Joyce!

By the way, when you visit San Antonio, Hidden Valley will extend a 20% military discount* on your nightly rate.


*Not valid along with other discounts

3 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I found your blog through a comment you left on another blog. I live in NY, but I visited San Antonio once about three years ago in November, and loved it! I hope to visit again with my husband sometime soon. What is the best month for a visit as far as good weather and smaller crowds?
Thanks!

Hidden Valley RV Park said...

Hey Pat, I'm from the Big Apple too. Been here in San Antonio for around 25 years though so I've got Texas in my blood as they say.
Some may feel differently but my favorite times in Texas, especially in SA are in Spring (April) and Fall (OCt). In mid- April we have the Fiesta Celebrations so if you prefer less crowds, early April would be quieter. Did you do the hotels or B & B's or RV'ing on your last trip? When you plan a trip-give me a call if I can do anything to make it more fun.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thank you Teri! I stayed at the Homewood Suites last visit, but we were a group of 6 oldtime girl friends from high school -- sort of a "red hat" trip.
Next visit will be with my husband and myself. We will be flying in from NY so I guess we won't be RV'ing that visit.
Maybe some time in the future when hubby is retired and we have more time and will RV. I loved San Antonio and can't wait to see it again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...