Fun Kids Activity For Your RV Trip this summer
Bethany enjoys writing about a variety of topics including travel, animals and food. She is also an avid reader of magazines,
novels, and blogs.
|RV After Driving Through a Tornado|
- Carry and use a weather radio, cell phone or tablet (if internet is available) to keep apprized of any weather alerts where you are and to where you are going.
- Obviously it would be a best choice to not head into a town were tornadoes are likely, according to the forecast.
- If tornadoes are likely on the way to your destination, research the location of tornado shelters on your route. Know the County name of you current and destination locations to research tornado alerts on NOAA/National Weather Service.
|Nice Site to Stay in When the Weather is Fine|
- If the town you are visiting has tornado sirens, these will sound once a tornado watch is in effect locally. This isn't always a fail-safe however, since there's often no warning of a tornadoes approach. Many parks have public address systems or computer or email alerts that can be used if there are no sirens in town or if those have failed. Also watch local weather or RV Park postings on info boards at the community center or office.
- Unless tornadoes are very prevalent at your RV park, the park generally will not have a tornado shelter but there are often shelters in town. If a tornado warning is announced you should head directly to a known shelter in town. Don't forget your seat-belts when heading to safety.
- If no shelter is available nearby, move out of your RV to a park bath and shower facility, using their shower or commode stalls as a shelter. Stay close to the ground and cover your head and neck for safety. Other stable structures can also be considered like a recreation hall or registration center, staying in the buildings center, searching out a closet or some similar protection.
|RV Park demolished by Tornado|
- Get out of the trailer or RV and put on seat-belts.
- If you can get your trailer unhitched drive away from the storm, if possible, and towards a shelter, especially if you SEE a tornado forming.
- Don't panic. Drive away from it as safely as possible.
|Buy online and SAVE|
|Poteet Strawberry Festival from Hidden Valley RV Park|
Address: 9199 South State Highway 16
Poteet, TX 78065