- US Manufacturing Processes are much healthier for the environment than many other countries.
- Many foreign countries have low standards that allow unsafe working conditions.
- When one chooses American made products, they are supporting a fair day’s wage for an honest day’s work.
- Supporting domestic manufacturing by purchasing American products prohibits the “leakage” of US funds overseas.
- Foreign product safety standards are much lower than those in the US.
- When we make the decision to purchase American goods we are helping America to grow more independent by not forcing us as a nation to outsource our need for manufactured goods to any other country.
- If America’s commerce becomes solely dependent upon service and agricultural endeavors, we allow precious jobs to continue to disappear and support the economy of other countries to the detriment of our own.
http://www.Americansworking.com. Lots of good info is available here on what each of us can do to be apart of the solution.
Each individual has to personally decide with each purchase whether price, origin of manufacture or any other number of factors will be the most powerful determination in picking a particular product. In a difficult economy, paying a higher dollar for a locally made item is not always feasible. Certainly though, if everyone considers the benefits to buying things made here, namely making more jobs for ourselves, we will have at least the tendency to look for our needs from among items available domestically.
Thanks to Joyce Crocker for compiling the research and info for this post.