Now, if all this sounds like a little too much activity for one day, stop by the registration house on Thursday night and share a brew or two while Mark and I watch the skies from the country. By the light of only a campfire we'll see the fireworks from afar. They're not as loud but that's the way we like them, pretty, quiet and in the distance.
- Hemisfair Park – “Stars and Stripes Over San Antonio.” $2 admission for civilians, with free admission for active duty military who show ID. Enjoy live music, a kids' area, and a selection of top-rated San Antonio food trucks! The fireworks show is scheduled to begin at 9:30pm.
- Riverwalk July 4th Arts and Crafts Show 2013 -- runs 11am to 11pm along the famous San Antonio Riverwalk.
- Sea World San Antonio Fourth of July Celebration -- Free fireworks with purchased ticket. Don't forget military families can get in free to Sea World this summer.
- Six Flags Lights Of Liberty -- Come out to the park July 4 and 5 for stunning fireworks, thrilling rides, award-winning entertainment and summer fun for the entire family. Six Flags Fiesta Texas will be open 10:30 AM. to 10 PM both days. Don't forget to print your free kids passes!
- Star Spangled Festival at La Villita -- This fun-filled, family event will feature local and regional Tejano and Conjunto artists with plenty of food and drink available. Free admission. Map
- Woodlawn Lake Park -- Enjoy free admission on July 4 from 10am to 9pm, with the HEB Fireworks Extravaganza scheduled to start at 9:10pm. Active duty and retired military plus their families eat for free from noon to 2pm -- just show your military ID!
If you know of any other fun stuff in town this week, leave us a note in the comments and feel free to share this with your friends. From our San Antonio RV Park we wish y'all safe travels on the Independence Day week and always.