Monday

Please Help this Blog with a Comment



A fellow blog writer of mine at RV.Net pointed me to a great blog, The Simple Dollar, and an interesting post on it in which the blogger, Trent, asks his readers who don’t regularly comment (lurkers in blog lingo) to leave a brief comment answering a few questions for him so that he can get a better picture of his readership. He says it will better enable him to make sure his blog contains the information that will keep his readers coming back.
Never one to disregard a good idea, I’m going to flatter the living daylights out of Trent and RV.Net and copy their suggestion.
So now, dear lurkers, and you know who you are, here is your chance to leave a comment, answering the below questions. And for the pragmatists out there asking “What’s in it for me?” know that your comment will help me to better provide you with the information you want and need.
Answers to these questions in your comment would really help me improve:

  1. What is your location? (State/province or region)
  2. How did you hear about the "Hidden Valley, a little piece of country in San Antonio" blog?
  3. Are you male or female?
  4. How old are you? (You can answer 50’s or 60’s if you prefer not to leave an exact age.)
  5. Are you married?
  6. Why do you visit the Hidden Valley RV blog?
  7. What, if anything, is missing on the Hidden Valley RV blog?
  8. Have you or do you plan to visit Hidden Valley RV Park?
  9. Are you an RV'er (if so full-time or occasional?)
Note that when leaving a comment, if you are concerned with privacy, you are free to use a nickname or alias. I understand the need and desire for privacy, and I respect yours. This is not intended in any way to be intrusive, but just an attempt to better understand our general readership so we can improve our offerings.
P.S. Those of you who regularly comment are also more than welcome to comment. I only emphasize “lurkers” above because I figure they are shy and need the extra invitation.
Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

whaskin said...

Hi Mark and Teri. I'm a fairly recent reader for your blog but love reading them. My answers:
1. North Carolina
2. Google search
3. Female
4. 60s
5. Yes
6. Increase RV knowledge/plan & dream about the future
7. ?
8. Would love to
9. Occasional, FT wannabe

Hidden Valley RV Park said...

Thanks for your responses, 'whaskin.'
Do you have a blog? or are you on Facebook? I've been keeping up with many of our Hidden Valley family (our guests) and learning of all their travels and fulltime RV experiences and some tips and tricks for when I finally get to do some more RV'ing myself. We invite you to join face book and visit us there to share. Just click the Facebook link on the Hidden Valley blog

Wentzi said...

I'm neither on Facebook nor have a blog. I do read LOTS of blogs though - probably 40 plus every night! DH and I are planning to sell the stix & brix and move around the country in an RV. DH is interested in AZ. We both want to see the central and western US. I have another ?? year to work and hopefully by then we'll be ready to roll. We have a Class C which is sufficent for vacations but we'll need to trade up to a bit more spacious rig. It's awesome reading about everyone's experiences, modifications, and life on the road. I can hardly wait.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...